About Us

Freshly dried paint or recently sealed hardwood floors aren’t good smells to most people, but to us it smells fantastic!   It’s that new house smell! We finally moved in on April 15, 2013.  Our house is a new build- 2 bedroom 2 bath, 3 car garage, and an unfinished basement.  Since it is a new build, its basically a blank slate with no landscaping, builder’s beige, and limited character.  As we are just beginning our careers, we filled it with our college furniture and plan on slowly building and updating room by room!  After reading many blogs to get ideas for our own home (and just running the household in general); my boyfriend Zach and I have decided to start this blog. We’re very excited to share with you our projects as new DIYers!!!

So who are we?  Well we both are originally from Wisconsin, but now live in Minnesota.  Go Packers!  I’m Rebecca, friends call me Becca or Bec.  I am a recent college graduate and started my career as a registered nurse about a year ago.  I absolutely love nursing and my job, but have come to see that nursing school had taken so much of my free time that I had no hobbies. (That’s where the gardening, home decorating, cooking, etc. came in)  I also became an auntie about a year ago to a gorgeous baby girl and spend much of my time traveling to visit her.  
  Zach, my boyfriend, is quite possibly the nicest person you could ever meet.  He has definitely helped us get accustomed to the new neighborhood by flagging down every neighbor that passes by to stop and talk.  It makes me laugh because he goes out to get a project done and spends 75% of the time talking to neighbors, and the other 25% doing actual work.  (lol)  Zach’s most recent career adventure has been starting an electrician apprenticeship (which will be very nice when we finish the basement).  He also works part time at the local Applebee’s to make some extra cash.  He spend most of his free time with me, working on projects around the home, or fishing. (If it was his choice this is all he would do :) )  He’s also come to be quite the handyman.  His projects began as idea’s from me; advising him to “make” his Christmas presents and now we have bigger and better ideas  for our new home! 

            Last, but not least, we have our little Brady.  He’s our 6 year old Bichon/Maltese mix puppy.  He enjoys long walks on our sidewalks, basking in the sun, and puppy massages.  He’s quite spoiled and we spend most of our time with him!  

If you have any questions feel free to email us @ immerfall_21@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment